NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Any resident of the City of Frederick, MD may participate in the challenge and assign their pledge to a city-designated Neighborhood Advisory Council of their choice. Determination of whether a challengeant meets these criteria shall be under the supervision of the City of Frederick, MD whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this challenge. Employees, contractors, and any other individual having a financial relationship of any kind with the Center for Watershed Protection or Water Words That Work, LLC are not eligible to win prizes. This competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOST & SPONSORS: This competition is hosted by the City of Frederick, 101 N. Court Street, Frederick, MD 21701. Businesses that contribute prizes are sponsors.
3. TO PLEDGE: Pledging opens at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 31st, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 18th, 2016. To participate, residents fill out the appropriate form on the challenge website, www.scoopthepoopchallenge.org. Pledges are counted only for those who completely fill out the pledge form, select a Neighborhood Advisory Council to receive their pledge, and submit the pledge online. Limit one pledge per household.
4. WINNING CRITERIA: The Neighborhood which receives the highest percentage of valid pledges from its households shall be declared the winner. In addition, the Host shall conduct a random-drawing among valid pledges to award individual prizes depending on their availability.
5. PRIZES: The Neighborhood Advisory Council that collects the highest percentage of pledges from its residents will win two new pet waste stations installed in parks or other public areas.
Each household that enters the challenge will be entered into a random drawing for prizes:
6. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE: The winning neighborhood and individuals will be notified by phone or email on or about November 21st, 2016. All pledge signers will be notified of the winning neighborhood on or about November 21st, 2016. Host is not responsible for fraudulent calls or E-mails made to entrants not by Host.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, this challenge is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Host which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the challenge, the Host reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the challenge. The Host assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Submissions. The Host is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Host due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this challenge or downloading any materials in this challenge. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE Host RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any entry based on an E-mail address, the entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of Submission. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person, 21 years of age or older, who is assigned to an E-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Use of automated devices is not valid for Submission.
8. GENERAL: In regard to the prizes, no substitution, assignment, or transfer is permitted except that Host reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. By entering the challenge, each participant (1) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; (2) agrees to release Host, its member jurisdictions; vendors; affiliates, subsidiaries; and all related entities from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to participation in the challenge and from injuries or damages relating to the acceptance or use of the prize; and (3) consents to the use of the participant's name, voice, pictures, likeness, and entry for editorial, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
9. NAME OF GRANT RECIPIENT/TERMS AND CONDITIONS: To receive the names of the winners, (available after November 18th, 2016), or a copy of the Terms and Conditions, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: “Scoop the Poop Challenge”, c/o City of Frederick Planning Department, 101 North Court Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
It is important that visitors are fully informed about the use of their Personal Information.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We will use your Personal Information to determine whether you are eligible to participate in this challenge, sign the pledge, and/or receive the prizes. We will use your Personal Information for customer service, to provide you with information that you may request, to provide you with information regarding new services or promotions related to the challenge, to customize your experience with the challenge and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you for the challenge. We may also use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business and identifying other means to accomplish the goals of the challenge.
We will not sell the Personal Information that you supply to us to any third party.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION GOOGLE AND MAILCHIMP COLLECTS FROM YOU: Google and Mailchimp provide the software for the website, online pledge form, map, and challenge tally. The HOST does not control Google and Mailchimp’s use of information you provide when you visit the site or sign the pledge form. To review Google’s terms and conditions, point your browser to http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/.
4. YOUR IP ADDRESS: Each time that you visit the Website, our web server automatically recognizes your Internet Provider (IP) address and the web page from which you came. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Website and to better serve you in using the services and other features contained within the Website.
6. SECURITY: We endeavor to safeguard and protect our users' information. When users submit information at the Website, their information is protected both online and offline. The privacy of your Personal Information is very important to us. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Please be advised that, although we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our Website is at your own risk. However, access to your information is strictly limited, and not accessible to the public. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees and vendors who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personal information. Our employees and vendors are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your Personal Information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
7. MINORS: Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to register for or participate in any of the Promotions that we offer. No information should be submitted to, or posted at the Website by individuals under the age of eighteen (18) without the prior consent of their parent or guardian. Notwithstanding the foregoing, children thirteen (13) years of age and younger are not permitted to access the Website and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
8. REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION/OPTING OUT: At your request, we will remove from our database Personal Information that you have provided to us. You may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.